- 2.4 Gnomes
Escape Artist - active
Activate to break out of a Root or Snare effect - 0.5 sec cast - 1 min cooldown
- This is probably my personal favorite ability for a Rogue to have. Probably because on my first Rogue I spoiled myself on Free Action Potions but thats another story. Snares kill melee classes, why do you think Hunters are so hard to beat Personally I think this ability adds a lot of good overall utility to the Rogue class, look at the effected abilities:
- Frost Nova
- Frost Shock and other Cold Effects
- Entangling Roots
- Wing Clip and Hamstring
- Concussive Shot
- Crippling Poison
- Mind Flay
- Piercing Howl
- Curse of Exhaustion
Expansive Mind - passive
Increase Intelligence by 5%
- Intelligence does nothing for Rogues, and as such this is pretty close to useless.
Arcane Resistance - passive
All Gnomes get +10 Arcane Resistance
- There isnt a whole lot of Arcane damage out there, but a resist is a resist. Most notable Arcane spell would be Polymorph.
Engineering Specialization - passive
15 skill bonus to Engineering
- Unless they decide to give Gnomes some sort of Trinket that requires 315 skill this is pretty worthless once your Engineering is 300. Still nice to help you level it though. Rod: Except that if you pick up engineering your pets will fight like they are 3 levels higher.
Summary: Most of the Gnome traits are pretty close to useless, but Escape Artist really helps turn that around. It is applicable to a lot of effects in PvE and more importantly PvP. Makes Gnomes the best flag runners, will let you save your Vanish for when its vital and lastly makes them the best Rogues at not getting caught.